Excellent Co-Conspirator Checklist
Consistently Working to Be:
- Anti-Racist & Action-Oriented
- Preferential to Co-Conspiracy over Allyship
- Liberation-Focused & Reflective
- Actively Developing Self-Awareness
- Deeply Curious
- Creative & Collaborative
- Empathetic & Humble
- Honor All Forms of Life
- Transform Silence Into Action
- Understand Impact Matters Over Intent
- Trust & Accept Others' Lived Experiences
- Commit to Safety, Healing, and Agency for All
- Open to Receiving Feedback & Being Challenged
- Maintain a Sense of Accountability and Blamelessness
- Invest in Black and Brown Youth and Community Self-Determination
- Practice Restorative Justice to Achieve Transformative Justice
- Interrupt Organizational Practices that Maintain Oppression
- Address Violence at its Roots, at both Individual and Collective Levels
- Dismantle White Supremacy and Reassemble Black Liberation Consciousness and Autonomy
Co-Conspiracy is integral to our work with restorative justice. This is the definition we operate by.
Restorative Justice is a theory and practice of community-based approach to doing community building, responding when harm is caused or healing damaged relationships. This work is based on 360-degree accountability, mutual concern, dignity and respect.
Grounded in the view that all members of a community are worthy and interdependent, the practice promotes community building, self-awareness, and empathy to create justice, equity and freedom. Through the creation of collective agreements people work to resolve conflict and respond to deep patterns of harm which are often grounded in historical, structural and physical racism and violence.