Dane County TimeBank 2019-2023 Strategic Framework
To connect people in sharing time and talents to meet needs, improve systems, and address community issues throughout Dane County
An interconnected community in which meaningful relationships drive collective change. By 2023, the authentic way in which the Dane County TimeBank approaches community issues will have inspired systems and social change. The active engagement of members will have generated recognized impact on an individual and collective level. The organization will be modeling resource sharing and community building that breaks down walls between diverse groups and demonstrates mutual respect and support for all.
Assets – Everyone has something to contribute to the well-being of others in their community.
Reciprocity – We need each other. Giving and receiving are the basic building blocks of positive social relationships and healthy communities.
Respect – Every human being matters. Everyone deserves respect from individuals and civic institutions.
Social Capital – Belonging to a mutually supportive social network brings more meaning to our lives and new opportunities to rebuild our trust in one another.
Work – Some work is beyond price. Those who carry out the really essential activities like bringing up healthy children, helping to keep their communities safe, and caring for those around them, need to be validated and rewarded for their work.
- Achieve wide-spread community engagement with timebanking to meet individual needs, address collective challenges, and promote economic justice.
- Advance systems change around social justice issues requiring community action.
- Leverage the power of diverse members who engage in timebank exchange and share a commitment to community-based solutions
- Establish intentional collaborations with other organizations that shape the community
- Cultivate lateral leadership to convene disparate voices in an authentic way to shift the narrative around sensitive situations and on sensitive issues
- Provide affirming experiences for individuals and organizations engaged in resource exchanges
Areas of Focus
- Community Outcomes
- Visibility & Awareness
- Member Engagement
- Operational Stability