Tools for TimeBankers
DCTB Member Information
Video tutorials provide some basic guidance using the website.
** Please note: The attached member guide references software that we are not currently using, although it does contain some helpful hints for folks new to the concepts of TimeBanking. If you are having difficulty using software or need support making better use of the TimeBank, please contact our office at (608) 663-0400 or email for more information.
Dane County TimeBank Outreach Materials
- 1/3 page Basic outreach flyer
- Pull Tab Flyer - One Page Poster
- Giving Time, Spending Time - Outreach Flyer
- Dando Ayuda, Reciebo Ayuda _ Informacion en Espanol
- Dane County TimeBank Youth Court Flyer
Tools for TimeBank Organizers
Are you looking to start a timebank, enhance your current timebank, or connect with other complementary economic resources? Check out the Timebanking Knowledge Commons, an international peer-generated repository of tons of information, tools and technical assistance.
- TimeBank Intro Slides
- TimeBank Intro + Org. Participation Slides
- Builders Workshops - A workshop series about specialized timebanking applications and other healthy community economy tools.
Just getting started? Here's how we did it – New TimeBank Timeline - How the Dane County TimeBank (DCTB) began
Watch this 2-hour workshop Lorrie and Stephanie helped lead at the 2010 US Social Forum in Detroit. Also featuring Edgar Cahn, founder of TimeBanks USA, Sheryl Walton of the Sobrante Park TimeBank in Oakland, and Lisa Conlan of New Hope Exchange in Rhode Island.
Watch this 1-hour TimeBanking training that Stephanie led in LA in 2010.
Guides and checklists for outreach and orientation events:
- Master Checklist
- Volunteer Checklist
- Timebanking Introduction and Orientation Agenda
- Guide to writing press releases
Games and activities to teach about TimeBanking:
- Fill-in-the-blank TimeBank business cards pdf and doc (add your name, offer and request)
The Applied TimeBanking Visioning Game-pdf and The Applied TimeBanking Visioning Game-odt (modifiable) This is designed to help you envision how you can use timebanking to meet specific community goals, or start projects.
- The Build a Better World Game - for group project facilitation learning
Tools for TimeBank Intake Interview/Orientation:
Screening guidelines - Criminal background checks
Volunteer Liability Insurance through CIMA