ShareFest! Celebrating a Sharing Economy
ShareFest: Celebrating a Sharing Economy
Wednesday, May 20th from 5-8 pm
Rain or Shine!
At the Tenney Park Shelter
1414 East Johnson Street, Madison
Join Dane County TimeBank in celebrating a sharing economy at a fun, free community event filled with food, drink, casual connecting and activities for all people. Featuring all evening: a potluck, refreshing beverages, a Stuff Swap, plant and seed exchange, sign-up for the Front Yard Garden Project, future connections, hula hooping, jump rope, chalk art, and hourly skill share workshops:
- Bird, Bee, and Bat House Building (all ages) with John Peck
- TetraPAKMAN: the Lunar Energy Project (all ages) - Using imagination, drawing, & thinking about nature and technology with Victor Castro
- Wheels of Time and Place (all ages): a educational and mindfulness tool with Anne Forbes
- Seated Yoga (all abilities): to relieve minor aches and pains with Kristin Sage
- Introduction to Permacultire with Norah Cashin and Sue Hessel
- Container and Small Space Gardening with Kate Heiber-Cobb
- DCTB Front Yard Gardens kick-off! - DCTB staff and members
Help us to reduce waste by bringing your own cup, silverware, and plate.
Stuff Swap Rules:
1. Put your clothing in the clothing pile, books in the book area, etc.
2. Take items that are approximately equal in value or exchange timebank hours for items you would like to take home.
3. All items must be useable, non-toxic, non-hazardous, and clean!
4. Suggested items are: books, clothing, household items, sporting goods, and toys.